Students under 18 coming from another driving school or students over 18 need to take at least one hour driving lesson prior to Saturday road test.Lesson fee is $50 per hour. Lesson will guarantee a higher passing rate!
ROAD TEST SERVICES FEE $140 needs to be paid at least 4 weeks prior in cash, check or ONLINE. Students need to bring payment with a copy of a permit or email it to our office in Newton. Driving School will not book a test until we receive a payment.
Saturday Road Test needs to be scheduled 4 weeks in advance. Cancellation of a Road test needs to be done no less than 14 days. Driving School students need to be done with all requirements at least 3 weeks prior a Saturday Road Test.
DO NOT SCHEDULE A ROAD TEST WITH THE RMV ON YOUR OWN IF YOU PLAN ON GOING FOR A SATURDAY TEST.
WE SCHEDULE A ROAD TEST FOR YOU!
the RMV will not allow you to have two (2) appointments. This will result in the RMV removing you from your Saturday test with driving school.** In this case full fee will not be refunded. However you can be rescheduled for next Saturday test with the Newton Driving School.
1. ROAD TEST FEE $140
This payment covers following services:
- Scheduling of the road test
- Use of a student driver car
- Sponsorship of Professional Driver Education Instructor
- Does Not include RMV fees
If you do not prepay a fee to RMV you will not be able to get a license on Saturday.
2. PREPAY YOUR LICENSE
You must prepay your picture license fees to the MassDOT at least 24 hours before your Massachusetts driver’s license test. To do so, please visit any MassDOT branch or call 857-368-8000 (select menu option 3 then 4 to prepay). Fees include:
- $35 for license application and $50 for 5-year picture license
If you fail the road test, do not appear for the road test, are rejected by the examiner, or cancel your appointment with less than 24 hours notice, you will still be charged the $35 fee.
3. bring to the test
- Permit in good condition. Clear name, picture and a permit number
- Class D Road test application (DOWMLOAD HERE)
- Glasses or Contacts if student has a B restriction on a permit
- Good Attitude!
Arrive at Newton South High School at a scheduled time and wait for instructor to come to you. Please do not call the office between 7 am and 1 pm on a day of the test, we will not be able to answer questions on a day of the test
Arrive at Newton South High School at a scheduled time and wait for an instructor to come to you. Please do not call the office between 7 am and 1 pm on a day of the test, we will not be able to answer questions on a day of the test
- Hand Signals (4 of them) check the driving Manual
- 3 point turn
- Backing up for about 50 ft no mirrors allowed
- Parallel parking
- Parking on a hill
- Instrument panel
- You were at fault in an accident with another motor vehicle, pedestrian, or object.
- You were driving in a way that may have caused an accident or in a way the examiner considered dangerous.
- You violated a motor vehicle law, rule, or regulation.
- You demonstrated a lack of experience safely operating a motor vehicle.
- You refused to follow or drove contrary to the examiner’s instructions.
If you pass the road test and have prepaid for your license, the examiner will stamp the back of your learner’s permit and it will become a temporary license, valid up to 30 days. The RMV will manufacture your new, permanent photo-image license and mail it to you. If you pass the road test and have not prepaid for your license, you must take the permit with the road test results indicated on the back to an RMV branch within 30 days. You must then pay for and obtain a temporary license while your permanent license is being manufactured. (Note: If you do not obtain a temporary license within 30 days of passing your road test, you may be required to retake the road test at your expense.) If your permanent license does not arrive in the mail within four weeks of issuance of your temporary license, please call the RMV Phone Center.
Road Test fee will not be refunded in case a student
Unprepared for the test
Fails the test
No glasses if B restriction